Last item for navigation
Frequently Asked Questions

1. Are long-term substitutes for a teacher on a leave-of-absence required to be certified?

Yes. If a certified teacher is not available, temporary emergency personnel may be used while we continue to look for a certified applicant.

2. Are Montgomery Public School employees covered by Workmen’s Compensation?

No. Claims for lost wages or out-of-pocket expenses beyond the employees' health insurance coverage due to on-the-job injuries may be submitted to the Alabama State Board of Adjustment for consideration.

3. How do I apply for a job?

You will need to submit an application for employment for posted positions. Applications are available through the ALSDE Website (Teach Alabama). You can find the link on our website under the heading "Joint Team MPS" under Departments/Human Resources.